1994 auto hubs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 auto hubs

tk1251k

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 2005
Mine stopped working. Does anyone have any idea how they actually lock . I have tried ever way I can to get them locked including all the troubleshooting.They try but do not lock. Should the auto hub fit completely flat against hub before wheel goes on ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search is your friend...There is a ton of stuff written on this very subject. My advice...ditch the auto hubs, switch to manual...But read all of the posts first there is a wealth of information here...

Thanks I have read everything I can find and then some but still not solved. Would rather not install manual hubs.

Clean them, soak in ATF overnight, drain them for an hour. Look to see if the cams are still good, if they are, grease them a little, install them, try them. If they still don't work, ditch them for a new set, or go stronger & use the manuals.

I would love to see some real photos of how they are supposed to work so I know what I am looking for. I know the gear on the hub turns the inner hub once engaged just not sure how the auto hub spring works. Its better to know exactly how it works to deal with something any pics would be helpful although I have some they really dont explain operation of auto hubs exactly.

Back