SBJ420

Reaction score
City, State
Windsor NS
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
94 XLT 4x4 4.0L auto

Hey guys,
My truck is giving me a engine light, I put my code reader on it and It gives me 157, 158, 327, 332, 11,

Mass airflow is too high,
too low
EGR
EGR valve

I put a new Mass Air flow sensor in and still getting the codes... Could this be the map sensor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TPS???
Sorry not 100% on what TPS is

my engine light comes on almost 20min after start up. Almost right on 20min every time.
Also at low RPM when I give it gas it sputters and feels like **** untill I get up over 1RPM. Could that also be the TPS sensor?
How much do these TPS sensors go for?

It could be contributing to that as well. Test the voltages on it, with KOEO, throttle closed, it should be at .96-.98 volts, throttle all the way open it should be around 5 volts. The top (red) wire is the plus, and the bottom (black) wire is the negative.

Check for vacuum leaks!

so a vacuum leak can though out all those sensors?

When my 94 did what yours is doing it was the computer. I would get various codes everytime I would scan it. One time it would be MAF sensor next would be EGR, after that the TPS. After changing all of them with new units and still getting a eratic idle I took it to the dealer(FORD). New computer and no problems. An eratic idle sounds to me like a bad TPS, and you just replace them(their not like the earlier years that could be adjusted). If I remember correctly they are not that expensive.......Good luck and let us know what happens........:salute:

ok, so my friend hooked me up with a new TPS sensor, it was cheap, like $35 or so, but he gave it to me for free!!! cant beat that deal!
so hook it up and still got my problem. Now I can make it a problem, if I put my breaks on and rev up to just under 1rpm it will increase rpm up to 1 and drop down to almost 1/2 and right back up agian, over and over untill I get it over 1 rpm.... now its not a problem untill I get in traffic on a hill, than it goes up and down, at idle it does not have any problem
anymore ideas?
DSCF5924.jpg

DSCF5925.jpg

DSCF5926.jpg

Have you done a fuel pressure test? And or check your injectors?

dont have any tools to do that with right now. Think maybe the fuel pump is going?:thumbdwn:

I got a Vacuum gauge and hooked it up to this vacuum line. not 100% sure what one it is??
DSCF5930.jpg

DSCF5928.jpg

anyways at idle its at 17, when I do the 3000rpm test it goes up to 25 and stays untill I let up on the gas, this thing seems to follow my gas pedal. Thats at idle.

DSCF5935.jpg

When its driving it goes down to 0 or around 5 , it goes with the pedal, if I give it gas the pressure goes down. is this normal?
click on the video and you can see how it works while I drive. the gauge goes from 0 - 25
you need to watch the rpm in the background

how about my Idle air control valve? some one was telling me about the ill effects of it and sounds like what problems I am having

Back