CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BBK 66mm | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT BBK 66mm

...When in a rush or any other time, feel free to use the search button...;)
search_EF.gif

17 #R RPM below Self-Test limit with Idle Air Control off.
25 #R Knock not sensed during dynamic test.

36 could not find anything on this code at all

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...When in a rush or any other time, feel free to use the search button...;)
search_EF.gif

17 #R RPM below Self-Test limit with Idle Air Control off.
25 #R Knock not sensed during dynamic test.

36 could not find anything on this code at all

so knock not sensed sounds like a good code im guessing? or is that saying not sensing the knock sensor.

and the idle air control one. does that mean i need another idle air control or to adjust my throttle body "idle screw"

maybee your reader isnt reading right.i had the same problems when i swaped out my tb but my problem was that the maf want plugged all the way in!!haha might want to check that.my truck ran better with the stock one just cleaned and polished it,i sent mine back and got an underdrive pulley
edit i guess i need to take it out my sig now i just noticed it!!

maybee your reader isnt reading right.i had the same problems when i swaped out my tb but my problem was that the maf want plugged all the way in!!haha might want to check that.my truck ran better with the stock one just cleaned and polished it,i sent mine back and got an underdrive pulley
edit i guess i need to take it out my sig now i just noticed it!!

im definately going to try that tomorrow, but was yours stalling until it warmed up?

im definately going to try that tomorrow, but was yours stalling until it warmed up?

yep, also i see from your new thread that you are running lean.when the maf is unplugged it will go to a default setting and that is going to be real lean because they come stock pretty lean and now your putting more air in there and the maf isnt reading how much to adjust the a/f.all guesses but worth checking

yep, also i see from your new thread that you are running lean.when the maf is unplugged it will go to a default setting and that is going to be real lean because they come stock pretty lean and now your putting more air in there and the maf isnt reading how much to adjust the a/f.all guesses but worth checking

I was wondering also, i used a MAF off a 5.4 triton van. Its alot bigger than a 5.0 mustang housing. I see they do those swaps all the time, swapping the 5.0 onto a 4.0 explorer. When I did this swap, the electronics looked like they didnt go all the way down to get a reading. Im thinking that could be a problem now but I wasnt sure at the time. :(

I was wondering also, i used a MAF off a 5.4 triton van. Its alot bigger than a 5.0 mustang housing. I see they do those swaps all the time, swapping the 5.0 onto a 4.0 explorer. When I did this swap, the electronics looked like they didnt go all the way down to get a reading. Im thinking that could be a problem now but I wasnt sure at the time. :(

5.4 wont work from what i know,there is no need to go bigger than 77mm with the 66mm,get the 5.0gt 77mm and the ifab intake and use your old electronics.this is why i went back to the stock throttle body it just seemed to get much air and i got better power with oe throttle body and 77maf,might want to read this its about maf http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225696&page=2

5.4 wont work from what i know,there is no need to go bigger than 77mm with the 66mm,get the 5.0gt 77mm and the ifab intake and use your old electronics.this is why i went back to the stock throttle body it just seemed to get much air and i got better power with oe throttle body and 77maf

Sounds good, that be my next project. Im gonna go to the mustang junkyard down the street from my house tomorrow and pick up a 77mm.

Ill post the outcome soon.

Sounds good, that be my next project. Im gonna go to the mustang junkyard down the street from my house tomorrow and pick up a 77mm.

Ill post the outcome soon.

they are off like i think a 94 gt mustang and have a bar running down the middle of them make sure it looks like the one in the pic of the thread i posted or else it wont work,just for sh*t and giggles what size was the one your running now?

they are off like i think a 94 gt mustang and have a bar running down the middle of them make sure it looks like the one in the pic of the thread i posted or else it wont work,just for sh*t and giggles what size was the one your running now?

well its way bigger than the 5.0 mustang MAF. Im guessing its around the 80mm range, maybe even bigger if im not mistaken.

I had a similar problem when I installed my BBK TB. I gave the idle air screw on the TB a quarter turn and that took care of it.

I had a similar problem when I installed my BBK TB. I gave the idle air screw on the TB a quarter turn and that took care of it.

i was actually going to do that to let more air in, because i noticed the BBK TB does have the little hole in the middle to let a certain amount of air in like the stock one.

PROBLEM SOLVED, i had to turn it alittle more than a quarter of a turn...maybe about a full turn before it would idle normal.

That was definately it, and no more check engine light. I guess it just wasnt used to going that low in the rpm range and it was just throwing me all different kinds of codes...even ones that do not exist!

Back