1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer

f7bc1f12.gif

Just bought on 12/31/08

1994 Ford explorer eddie bauer 4.0 ohv 111,413k miles bought for $1500. It needs a good cleaning, new tires w/ alignment, a good sub and speakers (hitting up walmart tomorrow, my brother doesnt care about the OEM stuff but i cant stand it) eventually new shocks, and some odds and ends interior/exterior bits just to make it nicer overall. It needs a good buffing for sure i have no doubt at one point someone keyed this truck, but it isnt thru the paint atleast.

Anyways heres pictures before i started cleaning anything.

6155fc78.jpg

d336876e.jpg

cdd11971.jpg

f9dfc055.jpg

62f441a7.jpg

776750dd.jpg

b3353dab.jpg

d036eb43.jpg

2940419a.jpg

c9738b29.jpg

52f39455.jpg

be79c4a3.jpg

8900d13b.jpg

Here is the absolutely retarded "subwoofer" basically the stock cone is blown (I tested it, it just vibrates and pulsates terribly) and this one anything past volume 3 just garbles up.

24b81a2a.jpg

Since this was sitting in the garage i figured i'd install it. Its the cargo cover from the last 98 explorer. Better than sitting in the garage collecting dust. Popped right in :)

fd77a57d.jpg

2/2/11

Some tidbits where its at now

Morimoto H1 Bixenon projectors retrofitted into Depo clear housings
4" rough country lift
33x12.5R15 BFGoodrich All terrain A/T KO's on 15x8 Cragar soft 8's
4.56 Gears with rear aussie locker
WAR153 shackles
Flowmaster Catback
Mac air filter

207afd40.jpg

c132db5f.jpg

7f1074f1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice ride. You should hook up some new subs with a new amp instead of just replacing the little 6 1/2" in there. I'm on my 3rd different sub trying to find one that doesn't eventually vibrate and give out in the higher volumes. Just a thought;). It really isn't a bad sound system for a 93 though, don't get me wrong, I do love my 6 1/2". Good luck and have fun!

Nice ride. You should hook up some new subs with a new amp instead of just replacing the little 6 1/2" in there. I'm on my 3rd different sub trying to find one that doesn't eventually vibrate and give out in the higher volumes. Just a thought;). It really isn't a bad sound system for a 93 though, don't get me wrong, I do love my 6 1/2". Good luck and have fun!

Since this is just going to be the beater, im just going to replace the OEM sub with a better cone and leave it on the stock amp. Most of the funds will be diverted to the marauder :D

Haha, exactly like my truck. I'm confused though why yours has the sixth digit on the odometer and mine doesn't :mad:

Looks good though.

Yeah that surprised me to :confused:

I have the sixth digit on my 94.

nice eddie u got there keep up the good work u plan on doing mods to it

nice eddie u got there keep up the good work u plan on doing mods to it

31's will be soon :thumbsup:

It needs New tires badly, an alignment badly (Full lock going in reverse w/o touching the wheel, whats with that? :rolleyes: ) and new ball joints. Fixer upper for sure

here's a couple of pics i took today. No real progress, vacuumed the inside... weight reduction?

It needs the zip tie throttle cable mod, i cant take 1/2 throttle to get up the driveway, my car idles up! :eek:

5b7a3432.jpg

5c106cee.jpg

Yea that thing definitely does need an alignment bad, I can see the caster is way off.

It needs alot of things bad :D

Overhead Console and auto dim mirror came last week, 50 dollars shipped from a member on ranger-forums.com :thumbsup:

OHCandmirror.jpg

In the process of cleaning it, tomorrow hope to get the stains out of the carpet.

the 31's will not be happening. Instead expect a 4" lift with 33's in the future :thumbsup: Lots of things to fix, swap or change and install. At least the seat is done.

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

IMG_1575.jpg

Haha, exactly like my truck. I'm confused though why yours has the sixth digit on the odometer and mine doesn't :mad:

Looks good though.

Yeah WTF Mine is a '94 also and doesn't have the 6 digits on the odometer... Only 5 getting ready to hit the 00,000.0 mark again.

Nice explorer. Just remember when you get 33's on it you might need to regear. If you got 3.73's you'll be fine for a while until you get tired of import rice burners passing you and not being able to do much about it.... That's where I am at now, I am still waiting on the mechanic to set up my gears :mad: lol

Yeah WTF Mine is a '94 also and doesn't have the 6 digits on the odometer... Only 5 getting ready to hit the 00,000.0 mark again.

Nice explorer. Just remember when you get 33's on it you might need to regear. If you got 3.73's you'll be fine for a while until you get tired of import rice burners passing you and not being able to do much about it.... That's where I am at now, I am still waiting on the mechanic to set up my gears :mad: lol

it has 3.27's right now :thumbdwn: once its lifted, 4.10's will probably go in along with an LSD

my drivers seats ripped like that too, not quite as bad lol but i need a new one :/

Figure I'll dust off this thread.... So far we are rebuilding the front suspension, need to rent a spring compressor so we can install the 2" lift and add the 31" BFG A/T KO's and cragar soft 8's...

New Pioneer headunit, it sounds WAY better than factory, and the speakers have this thing called "bass" now :thumbsup:

th_IMG_2108.jpg

$5 KKM style intake... Ebay MAF adapter + Mac filter from the 98 =
th_IMG_2110.jpg

th_IMG_2111.jpg

th_IMG_2112.jpg

th_IMG_2113.jpg

th_IMG_2114.jpg

th_IMG_2116.jpg

Thats all for now, still plenty of odds and ends to touch up, but its moving along!

Ahh time to show some progress!!

So here she is today, sitting on 31'' BFGs with coil spacers up front and Warrior shackles + AAL in the rear. This puts me exactly where I want to be right now, as I can still take her on a 60 mile commute and start to have fun on the trails on the weekend.

I had a little bit of a crisis a few months back, to what I thought was a bad head gasket...and since I only paid so little for the truck I was ready to get rid of it...but thanks to this awesome forum and a one cool local member, it turned it my fears were nothing more then a leaky t-stat housing and a cracked valve cover. Todd (freetodragdoors) hooked me up big time, helped me learn a ton of stuff and gave me the confidence I needed to start ripping her apart without being afraid to break everything in the process. I've come to terms w/ the fact that she is 16+ years old, but with continuing TLC she will keep on chuggin!

Enough babble...picture time! More to follow with a real camera and less day star glare...

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0359.jpg

IMAG0372.jpg

$1500 US? You paid too much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How bout a thread update? :thumbsup:

Took the truck to rausch creek with a TJ, a Cherokee and a Bronco. Never got "stuck" stuck, but because of this trip, the truck is already getting a 4" lift and 33's.

The 4.56 gears and locker did really well, without the locker im sure it'd have gotten stuck often.

Here are some pictures, truck only has a 2" lift and 31's, along with 4.56's and an aussie locker. But in upcoming weeks the 4" lift and 33's will be installed.

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3946.jpg

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3967.jpg

IMG_4002.jpg

The only real carnage from the trip was the OHC temp sensor stopped working. But a replacement was already obtained.

Back