1994 Trouble Codes 566, 341, and 226 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 Trouble Codes 566, 341, and 226

NT45

Reaction score
City, State
Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford Explorer Limite
Hello, Im new to the forum after I just purchased a 94 Explorer. I've been browsing this forum for a bit and I love all the information. You guys are awesome.

I ran into a problem a couple days ago and can't figure out where to start. The truck was running and driving great until 2 days ago. It blew ATF out of the Trans fill tube and it covered my ignition coil and a couple wire connectors behind the engine next to the fill tube. The truck also stalled completely at the same time and wouldnt restart. I was driving slow through a parking lot while it happened. I managed to push the truck into an empty spot and started checking fuses. It blew the EEC fuse. I replaced the fuse and the truck runs but now I have a few trouble codes.

KOEO
566 3-4 shift solenoid circuit failure
341 Octane adjust service pin open
226 Ignition diagnostic module signal not recieved

I didnt perform a KOER test yet. The check engine lights comes on and off while driving. It also is seriously lacking in power.

Where do I begin to solve this?

i'd start by trying to clean some connectors. sounds like some may have gotten contaminated, especially the crank sensor which feeds the icm

Back