bad.shimmy

Reaction score
City, State
auburn wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 eddie bauer
Hello all:)

Hope everyone had a good new year

I've got a 91 x Eddie Bauer that's getting a 226 code and a continuous code of 113

The 113 is about the intake air temp sensor being out of range. And I'm going to test the sensor to make sure it's in spec and if not replace it.

For the 226 code I didn't find much just that's its a Idm signal failure any suggestions?

Thanks all :)
Cheers
Shimmy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I almost forgot I've replaced the Icm as well with a new one from Carquest recently.

Should I be looking at that since its not a ford part?

113 = Air intake temp voltage above maximum. This means it is shorted. Replace

226 is no CPS signal detected. This one needs further trouble shooting.

Simple: if the engine starts and runs with no stalling while driving or sitting it is not the CPS.
If there is intermittent stalling then the CPS is bad (maybe) more likely a problem with the wiring or ground straps.

If the engine is a No-start it is the CPS.

The ICM has a back up circuit. If the primary fails the vehicle will still run (but poorly) The chances of both circuits failing is slim, very slim.

A primary circuit failure of the ICM will give a code 998 (operating in failure mode) This code is given only once for the drive cycle in which it occurred. If the code is cleared it will not return. This code is a tricky one because most of the time it is not registered at all. Guess it depends on the exact cause. I think it was an oversight.

you the man:) replaced the air charge sensor and fixed up that code.

i then opened up the harness and found a short between the saw and pip wire. cleaned them up and i also found a bad battery ground. once i did all that i reset the computer and took her for a drive. man is she running good:)

thanks again for all your help fr-425

woohooo im back to mudding!

:salute:

Back