1995 explorer obd1 codes what do these numbers mean? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1995 explorer obd1 codes what do these numbers mean?

almond900

Reaction score
City, State
fond du lac wi.
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt & 98 xlt
I have a 1995 explorer with 4.0 vin code x and here is the problem I am having with it, it has 2 issuses and I am not sure if they are related or not, when it is idling and you put the pedal to the floor fast it has a 2-3 second hesitation and almost dies then clears out and runs fine, it does not matter if it is park or gear. the next problem is after highway driving for a good distance and you shut it off it starts up but has a real low idle and smokes black like it is too rich, a couple of revs and it clears out and is fine, seems to be worse when you use the a/c. the check engine light is on so I went to autozone and had it scanned and the told me the 2 codes that came up are 111 and 214 but could not find the book to tell me what they mean or how to fix them. I have installed new platinum spark plugs, plug wires and every fluid and filter and it still does it. any help would be great. thanks

...1-11 is the initiation of the codes to come...It just means the codes will follow after 1-11...

214 =(M) Error in Cylinder ID (CID) circuit or signal - Ignition Systems

...Thats all I can find..:dunno:

Back