1996 ford ranger gem module | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 ford ranger gem module

Jacob 96ranger

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 ford ranger xlt 4x4
Hey so much truck is In the shop because my 4x4 quit working and they replace my gem module and my 4x4 module. The cost has over doubled the original estimate I'm curious if their screwing me and just throwing parts at my truck jacking up my bill.
My question is if the gem module has anything to do with the 4x4. Or if their just putting parts on to make money off me

I've had to call this shop to find out any info and where their at with my truck. They have had my truck 2 weeks now and still aren't done. None of the work I have okayed. They have gone over the limit I set without making sure it was okay with me.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know where you live, but there's generally laws about that. You might want to check into it.
Nowadays, it's common for many shops to throw parts at a problem instead of really diagnosing it. I steer clear of those types.
You could probably fix whatever problem you have with info and help from this site.
What was going on that made you bring it in to the shop?

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know where you live, but there's generally laws about that. You might want to check into it.
Nowadays, it's common for many shops to throw parts at a problem instead of really diagnosing it. I steer clear of those types.
You could probably fix whatever problem you have with info and help from this site.
What was going on that made you bring it in to the shop?

Welcome to the forum.

Ya I usually fix my own stuff I've just never diagnosed or worked on the 4x4 system of a truck. And when I turned the 4x4 switch the 4x4 high and 4x4 low lights blinked and the solenoid under the dash clicked a few times but it never engaged 4x4

Hmm that is a good read now I wish I did it myself. It sounds like neither of the parts they threw at my truck are gunna fix the problem which means I ain't paying them. Throw parts at a problem and still not fix it don't count on me paying

Back