1996 Ranger Instrument Panel Lights Replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1996 Ranger Instrument Panel Lights Replacement

jamjen831

Reaction score
Looking for some quick info on the instrument panel lights - I recently bought a 96 ranger, and have been doing some DIY repairs. When I first purchased, the right hand side of the instrument panel would not light up. Since then (and I've replaced a few things, including some relays) the left side has also gone out, which has my speedometer, so it needs to be fixed.

I am assuming the issue is with the bulbs, which I plan to replace (I've looked at the steps for a '97 XLT 4x4, and hope they aren't much different Dead Link Removed)

My only reservations is that maybe I knocked something out when replacing my windshield wiper motor, and subsequent relays (it worked for about a day, then the relay blew), but I hadn't driven at night after said repairs, so I'm not 100% sure what the issue may be (since they didn't both stop working at the same time, it makes an electrical problem less easy for me to diagnose). Any suggestion??

Cheers
JJ

Back