• Register Today It's free!

1997 Explorer key fob

Ppolzin56

Reaction score
City, State
Napa CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer Limited
Hi, does anyone know how to get the FCC code for a 1997 explorer Limited key fob? Or how to get the factory numbers for the door pad to program the door?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you have a key pad on the door, the code for it is in the truck. take the door off the interior 1/4 off on the drivers side. you will see a box with some numbers on it (its call a RAP module) the numbers are the key pad code. as for the fob, are you looking to program it to the truck?

Behind the panel in the rear cargo area, driver side, where the jack is...

index.php

I assume you want the FCC ID to try to buy a compatible replacement remote keyfob? I would look over Amazon or ebay listings showing compatibility with your '97 year Explorer.

My remote fob for my '98 has the FCC ID on the back of it but so worn by now that I had to deduce a couple characters in bold below from seller listings for it, but unfortunately the listings I saw for mine, indicate it's compatible with '98 thru '15, not '97, so while I'm posting mine it is probably wrong for yours?

'98 Fob FCC ID: CWTWB1U212

i really dont think there is a difference for the fobs. i have a ton of them laying around here and when ever i sell a truck, i give that person a extra fob and program it for them

if you have a key pad on the door, the code for it is in the truck. take the door off the interior 1/4 off on the drivers side. you will see a box with some numbers on it (its call a RAP module) the numbers are the key pad code. as for the fob, are you looking to program it to the truck?
Ok thank you and thanks for the picture too. I'm a visual learner and every little bit helps

Ok thank you. I don't know if you got my last reply I'm still trying to figure out how to post repli
I finally figured out I was posting my answers. Yes I am trying to program the fob and the door.

the fob is easy. doors closed, turn the ignition on and off 8 times without starting the truck. on the 8th time with the ignition on, the door locks will cycle. when they do, push either the lock or unlock on the fob. thats it.

Back