1997 Explorer xlt 4.0 e vin. What is the right alternator? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1997 Explorer xlt 4.0 e vin. What is the right alternator?

SteveSandos

Reaction score
City, State
Box Elder, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 97 xlt 4x4 with the 4.0 e vin. My voltage regulator and alternator are out. I pulled it and it's a Motorcraft f77u-AC Alternator. Is this the only one I can use or is there alternatives? I'm very rural and I'd like to bolt one up and get going. Just so many different sources and too many numbers. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where do you plan to get it?

I am looking on ebay, autozone, advanced auto, Amazon, and Walmart. Also local used. It's my work vehicle and it's the shipping time I'm trying to expedite.

I have a 97 xlt 4x4 with the 4.0 e vin. My voltage regulator and alternator are out. I pulled it and it's a Motorcraft f77u-AC Alternator. Is this the only one I can use or is there alternatives? I'm very rural and I'd like to bolt one up and get going. Just so many different sources and too many numbers. Thank you
I just installed a Remy 92520 in my 99 explorer with the 4.0 SOHC vin E and its perfect

I just installed a Remy 92520 in my 99 explorer with the 4.0 SOHC vin E and its perfect
what this yahoo said! have the same one too iirc or at least its a remy in a sohc lol

Ok Fix4Chicken lol

AD2F3217-0E09-4D36-8E3F-FC9FC9B85120_4_5005_c.jpeg 🤣

Best price I found was Advance for my 2000 Sport. It even came with the pulley installed. It was a Sunday and I needed it right away to get some fire wood hauled. I forget what I paid. It was the best deal I could find that day. Fit exact, 130 amp if I recall. It's been a couple of years.

Best price I found was Advance for my 2000 Sport. It even came with the pulley installed. It was a Sunday and I needed it right away to get some fire wood hauled. I forget what I paid. It was the best deal I could find that day. Fit exact, 130 amp if I recall. It's been a couple of years.
prettybsure remy came w pulley too but cant beat in store as far as speed

Back