1998 OHV Preventative Maintenance | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1998 OHV Preventative Maintenance

Mariana, Fl. Will be moving to Birmingham Al (I think) next month.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't know where you are but I am.

IMG_8255.jpeg

Pm me with your needs, throw a couple bucks and pay shipping, and it's yours.

IMG_20230619_163829306_HDR.jpg
im going to wire in the seats from the limited (heated/lumbar) until I pick up the transmission on Saturday. I've seen several wire diagrams, but none seem to show a 12pin connector. Does anyone have any info on this?

Duh. Swapping old harness over. I don't need heated seats, especially in the Florida summer. Maybe eventually

Duh. Swapping old harness over. I don't need heated seats, especially in the Florida summer. Maybe eventually
It's pretty easy just did it on xlt 94

I'll also have spare seat parts if anyone needs any

Seats are wired. A bearing came a day early for the center support. Anyone know the torque spec for the bell housing (oil pump) to body bolts? I've got new o-rings on them, and only run down with my fingers.

IMG_20230621_201113019.jpg

Picking up a complete 5r55e in the morning. If anyone needs parts off it, lmk. Also getting ready to junk a couple blue cloth front seats.

The transmission is in the trunk of my Civic. He threw in the torque converter and a transmission cooler. Everything is cleaner than mine was, so I might use them too

Picking up a complete 5r55e in the morning. If anyone needs parts off it, lmk. Also getting ready to junk a couple blue cloth front seats.
I need the driver's seat lever, that allows you to flop the driver's seat back forward! Mine is missing. BTW do you have a pic of the seat back?

I need the driver's seat lever, that allows you to flop the driver's seat back forward! Mine is missing. BTW do you have a pic of the seat back?
I can get one soon. The mechanism works well too.

IMG_20230624_143630265.jpg

IMG_20230624_143511445.jpg

IMG_20230624_143502391.jpg

IMG_20230624_143315786.jpg

Yes! That lever. Was the driver's seat powered? The front/back power switch on mine is shot. Going to check my seats, but it appears the seat back on yours, curves a little different than mine. Mine is in great shape, but uncomfortable due to my height and back issues. But I assume shipping a seat back could get very expensive.
Yes it was powered, I have the switch motors, etc too. Where are you?

Stupid problem. The filter hold down bolt won't catch with this filter

IMG_20230625_162407578.jpg

The filters for 2wd and 4wd are different. Do yo have the correct one?

Size is identical to the one I pulled off. The difference is the recess in the filter where the bolt goes. I went to Lowes and picked some up for now

@Nate Tidwell Seeing down inside 5R55E reminds me that I need to go all the way back through my '92 A4LD and figure out what I didn't do right. I start the 4.0 OHV about every three weeks just to keep it going. Tomorrow morning would be a good time to do that again.
I live about two hours north of Birmingham 20 minutes from the state line at I-65.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back