For Sale - 1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 5 Speed $3100 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale 1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 5 Speed $3100

BurgerKingFootLettuce

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer
Here’s a Craigslist link with photo, I’m having issues uploading here 1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 5 Speed - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

You are looking at my 1999 Ford Explorer. This vehicle is four doors, 4x4 and a 5 speed manual! I have owned this vehicle since March 2019 and have put about 24,000 miles on it. It currently has around 125,000 miles.

This vehicle has the 4.0 OHV engine, which runs perfectly fine, no check engine lights or known issues. A/C works excellent. Little to no leaks from the engine aside from normal seepage here and there from age.

I put new oversized General Grabber A/T tires 30 x 10.5 R15 back in January 2021 so they have maybe 5,000 or so miles months them. The wheels are Americans Racing wheels, 15 inch.

In April 2020 I put Bilstein 4600 shocks all the way around and replaced the sway bar end links. In the summer of 2020 I replaced the fuel pump. Just a few days ago I installed a new battery.

The exterior is in decent condition, it was garaged for most of the time I had it. It has the common clear coat flake on the top of the hatch but the paint is otherwise in good condition. There are a few dings and dents here and there to be expected with age and use. The bottom cladding on the drivers side got caught on a rock a few months ago off reading and pulled off. I still have the piece and it’s intact but I don’t feel like messing with brittle plastic clips.

The interior has no headliner as I removed it when I got the vehicle due to it previously been damaged. The carpet has been replaced with vinyl flooring to make cleaning easier. The seats and dash are all in good condition.

This vehicle is also equipped with a trailer hitch!

The two issues that come to mind is the drivers side door lock is broken and the drivers side window is off its track but still goes up and down.

Where else can you get a full frame, American, four door, 4x4 WITH working air conditioning for so cheap? This will surely be on my ever growing list of cars I wish I didn’t sell, but I just can’t justify keeping it since I drive it so infrequently. This vehicle has lived in CA or AZ its whole life according to the Carfax and has never been involved is a collision.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gl on the sale!

Here’s a Craigslist link with photo, I’m having issues uploading here 1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 5 Speed - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

You are looking at my 1999 Ford Explorer. This vehicle is four doors, 4x4 and a 5 speed manual! I have owned this vehicle since March 2019 and have put about 24,000 miles on it. It currently has around 125,000 miles.

This vehicle has the 4.0 OHV engine, which runs perfectly fine, no check engine lights or known issues. A/C works excellent. Little to no leaks from the engine aside from normal seepage here and there from age.

I put new oversized General Grabber A/T tires 30 x 10.5 R15 back in January 2021 so they have maybe 5,000 or so miles months them. The wheels are Americans Racing wheels, 15 inch.

In April 2020 I put Bilstein 4600 shocks all the way around and replaced the sway bar end links. In the summer of 2020 I replaced the fuel pump. Just a few days ago I installed a new battery.

The exterior is in decent condition, it was garaged for most of the time I had it. It has the common clear coat flake on the top of the hatch but the paint is otherwise in good condition. There are a few dings and dents here and there to be expected with age and use. The bottom cladding on the drivers side got caught on a rock a few months ago off reading and pulled off. I still have the piece and it’s intact but I don’t feel like messing with brittle plastic clips.

The interior has no headliner as I removed it when I got the vehicle due to it previously been damaged. The carpet has been replaced with vinyl flooring to make cleaning easier. The seats and dash are all in good condition.

This vehicle is also equipped with a trailer hitch!

The two issues that come to mind is the drivers side door lock is broken and the drivers side window is off its track but still goes up and down.

Where else can you get a full frame, American, four door, 4x4 WITH working air conditioning for so cheap? This will surely be on my ever growing list of cars I wish I didn’t sell, but I just can’t justify keeping it since I drive it so infrequently. This vehicle has lived in CA or AZ its whole life according to the Carfax and has never been involved is a collision.
The Craigslist link says you deleted it! Wouldn't mind seeing a pic. Just having the AC working is a great selling point IMO

The Craigslist link says you deleted it! Wouldn't mind seeing a pic. Just having the AC working is a great selling point IMO
Ah sorry it sold yesterday! This is my 4th Explorer.. I swear I won’t get another one…. For at least a year. 😜

so what ya lookin for next? so i can keep an eye out ;)

a year w/o one is ambitious!

Ah sorry it sold yesterday! This is my 4th Explorer.. I swear I won’t get another one…. For at least a year. 😜
Everytime I see your unsername I think of the epic rap battle between the Burger King and Ronald McDonald. You're a bin full of lettuce facing da feet.

number fifteen burger king foot lettuce the last thing you want in your urger king burger is somebodys foot fungus

Back