Status
Not open for further replies.

FordSHO8991

Reaction score
City, State
Cumberland, RI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLS 5-speed
Hey everyone, due to a new job and the need to drive further as part of my job, it's (unfortunately) become time to sell my pride and joy and get a more fuel efficient vehicle. Here's the run down:

2002 XLS Appearance Pack (wheel flares and running boards, took running boards off because they were rusty. Looks better IMO anyways.) 4.0 SOHC V6, Mazda M5R4 transmission. 3.73 LS rear end. Class III towing package w/ 2" receiver. Power windows, locks, mirrors, and cruise control. Hot heat ice cold a/c. 119K. Current RI inspection sticker, and free and clear title in hand. Body is in awesome shape, NO rust whatsoever (Came from NJ, this is only a two owner vehicle). Frame and wheel wells undercoated in the past, I touched it up w/ flat black spray paint before winter. A couple small scratches (drivers side roof, drivers side doors near front door handle area). NO dings or dents. Interior is SPOTLESS (I was an auto reconditioner w/10 years experience until new job).

What I've replaced the past 6 months (with receipts): All ignition components, fuel filter, (all Motorcraft), transfer case control unit, 245/75/17 Goodyear Fortera HL's, hood and hatch struts, passenger rear hub assy, and passenger side upstream 02 sensor. Also changed all fluids (front and rear diffs, transmission and transfer case w Motorcraft synthetic fluids and the necessary friction modifiers for t-case and rear diff). Oil has always been Mobil 1 Synthetic at 5K intervals. Also had coolant and brake fluid flushes performed.

Upgrades/modifications
Brown wire mod (professionally done, switch mounted very cleanly in bottom switch blank to the right of the radio)
K&N intake
Custom Magnaflow catback, exits behind driver rear tire, oval Vibrant Performance tip. Sounds great, nice tone not too loud.
In channel rain guards
Bug shield
Mudflaps
25% front window tint
Black housing headlamps w/ yellow high/low bulbs
Alpine CDE-141 cd player w/ ipod integration and remote (professionally installed)
Memphis door speakers (door speakers are easy haha come on now)
Weathertech floor liners all around
17" Enkei 360 Perfect wheels, no curb rash
Eibach front sway bar, polyurethane sway bar bushings and endlinks
Some kind of custom suspension, rides stiffer than any other third gen I have driven but not bone jarring either. This thing HANDLES for an SUV. Slight forward rake due to dead coil on top of the coils in the back. (PO added the wheels/did the suspension work). Not lowered at all so it's still a fully functional 4x4.

Price? $5500 or best REASONABLE offer. I would really like this truck to go to another enthusiast that can appreciate it for what it is and the rarity of it being a 3rd gen 5 speed. If I get what I'm asking for it, I will fill the gas tank, change the oil, clean and re-oil the air filter, and give it a thorough detail before it goes. Also will include a brand new set of original style rain guards, black powdercoated wiper arms and expedition front tow hooks, factory air intake, spare 3rd brake light,and a set of mountaineer tail lights. Here are some pictures I took the other day, I will take more tomorrow afternoon while cleaning up the interior (I do this at least twice a week).

Attachments

• Duke interior.jpg
    Duke interior.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 648
  • Duke1.jpg
    Duke1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 637
  • Duke2.jpg
    Duke2.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 639
  • Duke 3.jpg
    Duke 3.jpg