• Register Today It's free!

1999 Ford

Jessica Rhodes

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999. Explore
I have a 1999 for explorer. The rear hatch door stopped opening ... It seems like it doesn't unlock maybe but I'm not sure. I tryed to take the panels off on the inside of the truck around the window And door to see if some how I can open it from the inside but I'm kinda stuck at this point ....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At what point are you stuck...removing the interior panel or, determining how to release the latches?

I have a 1999 for explorer. The rear hatch door stopped opening ... It seems like it doesn't unlock maybe but I'm not sure. I tryed to take the panels off on the inside of the truck around the window And door to see if some how I can open it from the inside but I'm kinda stuck at this point ....

This happened to me a week or two ago. I found this video. In my case, the plastic nub that rotates in the fixed metal had pulled out. I managed to get it back in put a screw in the end of just about the same diameter in it so it would not pull out. I also had to reconnect the clip to the rod that pulls the latches open.

for me, it was the lock solenoid that wasnt lubricated, so it was stuck and none of the door would unlock... i oiled the solenoid (the bronze peice when you take the trim panel

Attachments

• LockSolenoid.jpg
    LockSolenoid.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 59

for me what worked was to pop off the little plug, and then to use long pliers to pull on that bronze piece, which unlocked the door... then i took everything apart

Back