Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Blue Ex 4.0 SOHC
Callsign
KAGG 3611 (CB)
I have a 1999 Ranger Flex Fuel 3.0 and I hope that I'm posting in the correct section.
I've been carefully deleting most of the "bells and whistles" off of this vehicle because this is the mechanical part of a "future early body swap"
My question is... Can I simply remove the rear anti-lock module under the hood and join the two lines together to perform a successful bypass? I know many of you including @410Fortune have experience with this. I read, some time back, where 410 was advising about replacing a rusted line and it involved a bubble flair on on end and metric on the other but I simply want to join the two lines at the Rear ABS module together.
Off the top of your head, Does anyone know what size female/female union that I need to do this and what else can be eliminated? The outdoor parts are in great shape if anyone needs a replacement piece as will be coming off of my Southern Salt Free chassis.

yes you can simply bypass the RABS module by joining the two lines together
On my 88 Bronco II I did this many many years ago, I was able to get the fittings needed at carquest
The metric bubble flare stuff is for the 4wabs modules when you remove them.........

My 1988 did require some strange fittings to bypass the RABS valve back behind the drivers rear tire, years later I ran all new hard brake lines down my frame and bypassed those fittings.....

Thanks @410Fortune. What I have in my 1999 is under the hood.
From my research the lines are 3/8ths 24.

Back