1999 Sport. Body panel interchange information. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1999 Sport. Body panel interchange information.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think its 97-01?

1995-2001 4 door Explorer, 1996-1997 Mountaineer, or 1995-2000 Explorer Sport will fit.

What about a ranger front end on a 98 X?

What about a ranger front end on a 98 X?

nothing from a ranger is a direct bolt on. the body lines are different. if you want a ranger front end, you would have to cut the front fenders, and weld them onto a explorer front end. then when you bolt the header panel on, you may have to trim some of the rad. support.

Crap. Ok how about a sport trac front end or a 2001 ex sport front end ? Can I use either ?

nothing from a ranger is a direct bolt on. the body lines are different. if you want a ranger front end, you would have to cut the front fenders, and weld them onto a explorer front end. then when you bolt the header panel on, you may have to trim some of the rad. support.

i want to say yes (95% sure about it), but once again, the lines on the fenders will be different then the lines on the 1/4 panels (when i say the lines on those fenders i mean around the wheel well opening).

i want to say yes (95% sure about it), but once again, the lines on the fenders will be different then the lines on the 1/4 panels (when i say the lines on those fenders i mean around the wheel well opening).
(lost photos)
Ok for the record before I go dropping a couple hundred at the JY haha
I can take this front end (fenders grill headlights bumper maybe doors too?)from off this:

and swap it with either of these :
since they appear to be identical...

But I can't use the fenders or anything from this:

Not knowing any better, I would think the Ranger's would fit, and not that new body style Ex Sport nor Sport Trac.

And these just bolt on?

I'm surprised no one else or at least not many have even thought of doing this. :) then again they aren't as picky as me.

can i ask how long you have been doing bodywork?

i couldnt tell you a time length but that i help restore a couple of my brothers muscle cars , helped my buddy at his body shop do custom body work on two compact cars and helped my other friend do his Ram. this all in the last 12...been off and on. i kinda grew up in my uncles body shop but i consider myself still a beginner.

but i just want to make sure, the rangers front end will not fit but the 2001 sport and sport trac 2001-2005 will? i got half my font end off already waiting for me to take the rest off and give the old girl a boob job.

Back