1st Gen Ex w/ only a 3" BL

udmsvt

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Limited 5.0 AWD
OK, here's my issue. I have a 93 Ex 4x4 Sport that i am running 30x9.5 15s on the stock rims on. My tire tread is low and i want new rims. I will soon be getting 15x8 rims to prepare for bigger tires, but as the forums have told me, i really cant go much bigger than 30x9.5s at stock height. I really dont have a whole lot of time to go off roading or a whole lot of money or knowhow but i want to be able to stuff 33s (i believe 33x11.5 would look fine). i located a chart in the forums that says i can do this wih only a 3" BL but it also says that i couls fit 31s at stock height (which i know NOT all ex's can do, it just depends on the individual truck.).
1. does anybody have 33's with just about a 3" BL and sis you have to trim?
2. when you installed it, how long did it take
3. do the bumpers match up of with the use of the brackets?
4. will i get woes from my 3.27 gears? (i will be regearing but not for a while)
5. how far off will my speedo be?

1. yes you will probably have to trim. go to wheels and tires and check out the first thread.

2. i think it takes about 6 to 8 hours.

3. the front bumpers will, you will probably have to mod the back ones.

4. 3:27's wont be to good with 33's. 3:73;s is pushing it, 4:10 or 4:56 would be more of where you want to go.

5. not sure, but you can get a new gear from ford to put it back to normal, or very close. my best advise on your whole situation would to do a search on lifts. you will find more info than you will need. good luck and slip us a pic when your finished it.

Back