Wanted - 1st Gen Explorer - RUST FREE within 500 miles of Chicago IL | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted 1st Gen Explorer - RUST FREE within 500 miles of Chicago IL

Parts or services wanted
I have to start somewhere
Point well made.
1 thing is for sure on this thread you will find out what your explore is worth whether you like the number or not or not these guys will tell you the truth

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

your X is very very clean wont dispute it but this is an X doesnt have an immense following and has 90k. over time whether you use it or not99% of things will lose value due to age. it aint no new vehicle, so thats why i say 10k. it is a 20 something year suv. but jmo, to each their own.

I am opened to offers but please be nice

every nut and bolt under mine is shiny
will do. best of luck on the sale!!! hope you get a good offer!

Point well made.
1 thing is for sure on this thread you will find out what your explore is worth whether you like the number or not or not these guys will tell you the truth
I’m glad to here that this truck is a lot better than newer ones I need room I also have a 93 2dr sport 5 speed and to 93 navajo 1 auto other stick

I’m glad to here that this truck is a lot better than newer ones I need room I also have a 93 2dr sport 5 speed and to 93 navajo 1 auto other stick
Sounds like a great collection of fords
I would buy it but my explores enough fun for me and I am saving for a house

@renesisx Are you wanting a nice driver, a beater or a project?

i would like to start at 20k, this explorer has original eddie bauer bags never used with tags , optional cd radio,tow package, cargo net still in bag tow harness still in box, it has dealer installed power sun roof not pop up never had feet on floor mats never driven in the rain
Ah, that explains it, never did rain never mind snow. Was shocked it was rust free in NY. I'm not looking to buy, but yours is super.

Sounds like a great collection of fords
I would buy it but my explores enough fun for me and I am saving for a house
Here that
8500 good price. Once it starts being driven all the seals and hoses that are old will rapidly start to deteriorate and leak most likely.
this truck does not sit it gets started and moved all the time no leaks any where
Ah, that explains it, never did rain never mind snow. Was shocked it was rust free in NY. I'm not looking to buy, but yours is super.
not from New York was a California truck from new
8500 good price. Once it starts being driven all the seals and hoses that are old will rapidly start to deteriorate and leak most likely.
now that we are seeing what it is worth.... lets see what we can sell it for. im thinking 15k or best offer WHOEVER sells my truck for 15k will get $1000.00 for there time. thanks for all your good feed

Here that

this truck does not sit it gets started and moved all the time no leaks any where

not from New York was a California truck from new

now that we are seeing what it is worth.... lets see what we can sell it for. im thinking 15k or best offer WHOEVER sells my truck for 15k will get $1000.00 for there time. thanks for all your good feed
15k is a starting point, and see where it goes form there! is it listed in the local ad, like in the paper? or... i guess CL, since paper doesnt seem to be common no mroe. good luck with the sale.

@renesisx Are you wanting a nice driver, a beater or a project?
if i trade it would be skid steer with tracks, dozer, tractors 4x4 all around 40hp need to maintain motocross track , i al ready have a 40hp dozer

your X is very very clean wont dispute it but this is an X doesnt have an immense following and has 90k. over time whether you use it or not99% of things will lose value due to age. it aint no new vehicle, so thats why i say 10k. it is a 20 something year suv. but jmo, to each their own.
beg to differ i had a 69 firebird ram air 3 . new was 4,500 i sold it in 1997 it had 6,000 miles on it for 100,000 to a guy that moved to Arizona

15k is a starting point, and see where it goes form there! is it listed in the local ad, like in the paper? or... i guess CL, since paper doesnt seem to be common no mroe. good luck with the sale.
i do have it on Facebook market place

beg to differ i had a 69 firebird ram air 3 . new was 4,500 i sold it in 1997 it had 6,000 miles on it for 100,000 to a guy that moved to Arizona
oh yeah for sure, the firebirds appreciate due to being sought out, so there are exceptions. but if you look at the value curve for most vehicles, they wont appreciate. but the firebirds tbirds early stangs broncos etc will appreciate due to having a collector status. X's, not so much. they arent worth a whole lot in my experience imo. but of course, there must be exceptions!

oh yeah for sure, the firebirds appreciate due to being sought out, so there are exceptions. but if you look at the value curve for most vehicles, they wont appreciate. but the firebirds tbirds early stangs broncos etc will appreciate due to having a collector status. X's, not so much. they arent worth a whole lot in my experience imo. but of course, there must be exceptions!
If there was a collector or a few of them even they would be Here on the Forum
By the way I would make hell of a sleeper out of his truck

If there was a collector or a few of them even they would be Here on the Forum
By the way I would make hell of a sleeper out of his truck
yep if theyre anywhere theyre here. havent come across em yet, aside from those like allmyexes and what not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yeah for sure, the firebirds appreciate due to being sought out, so there are exceptions. but if you look at the value curve for most vehicles, they wont appreciate. but the firebirds tbirds early stangs broncos etc will appreciate due to having a collector status. X's, not so much. they arent worth a whole lot in my experience imo. but of course, there must be exceptions
every thing has a price for example a motor complete for a 05 honda cr250r motocross bike is 4.500 used i can go to the junk yard and buy a 350 chevy engine for 100.00

Back