• Register Today It's free!

2 headunits in dash

debutis

Reaction score
City, State
austin, texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 eddie bauer
I think I remember seeing someone on the board that had 2 headunits hooked up one on top of the other in their 2 din dash. How does this work? Do both units control the same features? How could 1 unit sense the others EQ? How do you go about installing it like this? I need to install a 7" sony indash monitor and something like a pioneer below it. Is this possible?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Interested in knowing the same thing.

I would love to install a in-dash screen and then a radio receiver below it. Can we do this?

In-Dash TV and Head Unit

The 2-din space in the explorer is very practicle for many things. I removed the stock radio and installed a Pioneer head unit and now recently, I installed a Pioneer In-Dash TV. The Tv on top and the headunit below it. They both fit very well in the 2-din space. and the head unit controls the TV as well. It's cool. Of course, both items are pioneer.

Sounds nice miausa2003.

Do you have any pictures of that?

Which pioneer units did you use?

Pioneer Headunit and In-Dash TV

I have a Pioneer Headunit Model # DEH-P730 and a In-Dash TV Unit also made by Pioneer Model # AVX-P550. The pioneer headunit is very neat because it will control the am/fm, a cd changer if you have, and any pioneer in-dash tv. The In-dash tv from Pioneer has a connector that hooks up to the back of the Pioneer head unit and makes them both work together. In my case both items are the same brand and are made to work together.
I do not know how to insert pictures into this post. If someone could tell me how, I would be aglad to. Otherwise, you can email me and I will send you the pictures via email. miamidade2002@hotmail.com

Back