• Register Today It's free!

2 leaks - Not happy

CommandPresence

Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT 3.5L NA
PTU was replaced a couple of months ago due to leakage. I complained of leaking underneath the vehicle at that time. Was told everything else was dry and fine. Crawled up underneath tonight and find two separate areas wet. I hope Ford customer service browses this forum. This is absolutely ridiculous. Between this and the exhaust smell/CO concerns, I've had it.

20170330_200428.jpg

20170330_200433.jpg

20170330_200451.jpg

20170330_200528.jpg

20170330_200447.jpg

20170330_200526.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No Ford reps have been monitoring the Forum since the end of January.

Peter

Thats not good. Isn't this the biggest Explorer forum on the web?

I had my PTU replaced due to a leak as well. And i just hit 60K..so nothin major better happen from here on out as far as the PTU goes although i still have hesitation and stuttering in the 50-60 mph range when accelerating.

I have been in contact with Ford Customer Care, created a case. I have to make an appointment for next week to get it checked out at a different dealership. I as well still have the shutter you're talking about.

What is a PTU?

What is a PTU?
Power Transfer Unit. It is responsible for distributing torque between the front wheel drive line and the rear wheel drive line.

Peter

I have been in contact with Ford Customer Care, created a case. I have to make an appointment for next week to get it checked out at a different dealership. I as well still have the shutter you're talking about.

I'm curious on why you created a case without the dealer even looking at it. Seems like an obvious diagnosis and repair by the dealer. I don't see a benefit of getting them involved as there shouldn't be an issues getting this replaced.

Back