• Register Today It's free!

2 Quick ?s

steventadams

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
Ive got two questions for everyone which I hope are easy to answer because that would make my life easier.

1) Exhaust. Is the exhaust under my truck more or less a bunch of pipes welded together and mounted underneath with a cat, muffler, and tip at the end?

2) CAI. How exactly does a cold air intake work. I know that it intakes cold air but how exactly does it "separate" out the hot air? Is the only difference the shield around the filter? When I looked at pictures that was the only really obvious difference I saw...

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

nothing?

The first question seems kind of like you answered it yoursefl but yes, the "exhuast system" is a series of cats, muffler, pipes, and possiblly a tip or else it is just rough cut pipe out the end.

With the CAI they do have the small sheild to try and keep engine heat away, but a "true" CAI will have a a pipe running down kind of under a bumber or valance mount to intake the air that you happen to be driving in, even on a hot day it is much cooler then the air surrounding your engine, but an intake will let air flow smoother not just colder

ok so the CAI takes the air from a different location farther away from the heat produced by the engine and other parts than the stock intake. Makes sense. thanks.

Back