2-stripe's ZAPV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2-stripe's ZAPV

Well Im now Elite, I don't know how, I think it was a gift so thanks for my eliteness :salute:, on to my registry.

If you haven't seen seen my Before and After thread go here to check it out.

Basically the ZAPV started life out like any other car. It was tax season and we needed a car. My wife and I found this X for $4000 cash, its a 2000 XLS and had about 100k on it. Once we bought it I started cleaning it up and painting some of the trim and such. I kept it nice and clean (waxing and washing regularly).

My wife and I are big zombie movie fans so I tossed out the idea of putting a sticker on the rear window that said "Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle". It was my wife that said if Im going to make a zombie vehicle I should go balls to the wall and do the whole thing. It was also her idea to paint it with bed liner.

Ever since I created the ZAPV it has been very popular car at shows, in line at a drive through, or on the net. I even had one guy ask me (in Washington DC) if that was my real job :D .

Right now there isn't too much done with the suspension, I have replaced the original shackles with the auto zone special to level it out, did a bit of a TT also. I have trimmed the front fenders about 1.5 inches. Cut the rear fenders (for a bumper at some point). I added 6 lights, two on the hood and 4 on the roof. CB with duel antennas. Custom front bumper (photo soon)

While Im over seas my brother will be adding some much needed upgrades. 4.56 gears, Aussy locker, and fix the intake manifold.

I will try and keep this up to date as I update the vehicle.

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

A couple of non ZAPV photos for every one :D

Some pics for our Colorado Colors Run 2 years ago, I had the best time.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Soon Ill be 4x4ing in the Alaskan Rockies thanks to the US ARMY. Right now all I can do is look and be patient till I get the ZAPV moved up.
picture.php

Thanks man. They are sending us around the area where Restrepo was filmed so Ill be sure to be on the lookout.

Back