• Register Today It's free!

20 or 22's?

BigBoom

Reaction score
City, State
Kentucky
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
i got a set of 20's on my sport, with tires on, they are smaller than my stock wheels overall. which is kinda nice cuz it lowers my car a bit more :D BUT i kinda wanna go bigger. what i was wondering was...would 22's fit? i mean without rubbing on anything and all that? i figured with a set of thin tires, they might not be a whole lot different in size overall. i have a feeling they will, but i dont wanna buy em then not fit, then have to hassle around with em. thanks for the info

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stick with the 20s and just lower it a little. :cool:

it's low as it will pretty much go. just wonderin if they'll fit

I have 20"s and would say that after you have 20"s for a while you will want 22"s. Just go for the 22"s. I wish I could upgrade my exact style for 22"s.

that's what i was thinkin. and blackmagic...that site you have is very helpful :) i saw it on one of the other forums that has been closed down i guess for a while. got in a wreck, and had bumper problems, so i was gonna make a rollpan. then i saw your pics of yours and went with it. in the sanding process now. my first fiberglass job :D

What size tire would you have to run to keep 22s near stock size? If possible...

and reasonably priced?

265/35/22 or 285/35/22 (the latter will suck up front- heck, both will)

and reasonably priced?

265/35/22 or 285/35/22 (the latter will suck up front- heck, both will)

How big a tire can you run without major rubbing issues on a 22? Or is there no such thing as a comfortable ride on 22s, lol.

Back