• Register Today It's free!

20" Wheels for on road only?

Pug conDoin

Reaction score
City, State
Carson City, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Not sure if this has been asked before or not but I saw this in the download of the manual. My Limited is scheduled to be built next week but this kind of worries me that taking a limited off-road is not in the design? This does not seem right.

Has this been brought up before?

page 8
NOTICE TO OWNERS WITH 20 INCH WHEELS AND TIRES
When equipped with 20 inch wheels and tires the vehicle is designed for
on-road use only and not off-road use.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure if this has been asked before or not but I saw this in the download of the manual. My Limited is scheduled to be built next week but this kind of worries me that taking a limited off-road is not in the design? This does not seem right.

Has this been brought up before?

page 8
NOTICE TO OWNERS WITH 20 INCH WHEELS AND TIRES
When equipped with 20 inch wheels and tires the vehicle is designed for
on-road use only and not off-road use.

I think they are worried you are going to nick your rims. I think it's absurd they put 20" rims on it... yet another reason I got the XLT

I think it's absurd they put 20" rims on it... yet another reason I got the XLT
Its just that they made the 20" wheels the only option on the Limited.

And from page 255 of the Owner's Manual...

Do not use tire chains, cables or optional traction devices on vehicles equipped with P255/50R20 tires.

Here in California, chains are required for all vehicles in the snow country. Not carrying them is not an option, and in some conditions they are required even on 4WD vehicles.

I guess these would work, but $475 (!), geez...

Its just that they made the 20" wheels the only option on the Limited.

And from page 255 of the Owner's Manual...

I'm pretty sure you could get the 18 inch wheels for the limited if you wanted them. I mean 20 inch is an option (for the XLT) which costs a little over a grand extra.. My guess is the dealer would swap out the 20" for no cost or might even give you back some money.

Back