• Register Today It's free!

2000 3.0L Ranger.

jimmy*d

Reaction score
City, State
rhode island
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford ranger
i have a 2000 ford ranger with a 3.0 v6 engine. i went to change the spark plugs because i was skipping, i broke off the spark plug in number 6 cyl. luckily i managed to remove it with pb blaster and an easy out welded to a snap on inpact socket ( just incase that may help someone), but my problem is that the engine started smoking and skipping again almost at once. i checked the plugs and found the # 3 cyl. was the problem the spark plug was oil fouled and i was wondering if this is a common problem with the rangers. i don't know if it's bad rings or a valve seal. i just bought the truck. and haven't played with the 3.0 flex engines. any idea's. thanks jimmy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome jimmy

i just bought a 2000 ranger with a 3.0 and im having some starting issues like it wont at all its getting gas but its like the injectors are stuck.... i put the ford scan tool on it and it says the pcm isnt able to be read is it possible for a pcm to go out over night???? i would like to also know the fuse and relay locations if anyone can help me

Back