2000 4.0 SOHC Jack Shaft Sprocket Bolts | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 4.0 SOHC Jack Shaft Sprocket Bolts

Explordinary

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
I'm going to replace the timing chains in my 2000 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC engine.

I've found the timing chain kit; however, it doesn't include the torque to yield Jack Shaft Sprocket bolts, and I can't find them for a 2000 model anywhere. Searched eBay, Amazon, and googled the part, but could only find bolts for 2001 and up.

I found this part number Ford 2L2Z-6279-AA I think it's the front jack shaft gear/sprocket bolt. I can't find a part number for the rear bolt.

Anyone know where I can find the front and the rear jack shaft sprocket bolts for my 2000 4.0 SOHC engine, or the part number for the rear bolt?

Thanks

I'm going to replace the timing chains in my 2000 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC engine.

I've found the timing chain kit; however, it doesn't include the torque to yield Jack Shaft Sprocket bolts, and I can't find them for a 2000 model anywhere. Searched eBay, Amazon, and googled the part, but could only find bolts for 2001 and up.

I found this part number Ford 2L2Z-6279-AA I think it's the front jack shaft gear/sprocket bolt. I can't find a part number for the rear bolt.

Anyone know where I can find the front and the rear jack shaft sprocket bolts for my 2000 4.0 SOHC engine, or the part number for the rear bolt?

Thanks
@2000StreetRod Has great writeups including the list of all the timing components and part numbers

@2000StreetRod Has great writeups including the list of all the timing components and part numbers

Back