2000 4wd Exp, auto, 4.0 SOHC engine harness question. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 4wd Exp, auto, 4.0 SOHC engine harness question.

RPM289

Reaction score
City, State
Mount Olive, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 4wd Explorer 4.0
I pulled the 4.0 out of my new explorer for rod bearing knocking and when i went to unplug the big plug behind the engine going to tranny all the wires pulled out of the plug on the engine side. Does any one have a pin to wire color chart to put these back where they go?

Second Q i went and bought a 4.0 SOHC out of a 2000 exp sport 4wd auto but harness is different than mine it does not have plugs at back of block had to pull harness off trans to get engine harness. Upper intakes were different also. So if i can't fix my old harness with the second one work?

Thanks!

Mike

Is the connector on the left in the photo below the one you're interested in?
JPlug1.jpg

If so, that should be C118. Below are the pinouts.
C118F.jpg

The pins in black are unused.
C118M.jpg

If the engine you purchased has a different intake manifold then it is probably a 2001 which is more like a Sport Trac. I only have the wiring diagrams for the 2000.

Is the connector on the left in the photo below the one you're interested in?
View attachment 96303
If so, that should be C118. Below are the pinouts.
View attachment 96304
The pins in black are unused.
View attachment 96305
If the engine you purchased has a different intake manifold then it is probably a 2001 which is more like hat is the plug e ine has 20 wires in it.

Yes! That is the plug but mine has 20 wires in it??? I found another harness like mine at local salvage yard swapped everything over to my Intake valve covers etc, will get it back in in next couple days and hope it runs!!!!

Back