2000 Explorer 4wd Air Bag Light code 36. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Explorer 4wd Air Bag Light code 36.

Stace

Reaction score
City, State
Saratoga Springs, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Hello everyone this is my 1st post, I have an 00 Explorer 4wd 4 door, xls model the Air Bag light blinks 3x then 6x then stays on, any thoughts? Thanks for all your help, Stace[/B]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome

Thank you very much that worked, light went out, Thanks again

1999 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Air Bag Light

Brilliant!! Went under the drivers seat, found the yellow plug (there's only one) unplugged it, blew it out, checked for dirt, etc. Plugged it back in and Presto! No more air bag light. What a wicked site! Can you imagine what that would have cost going to a dealer or a mechanic who didn't know what to look for? Thnak you very kindly for sharing your expertise, it is GREATLY appreciated.

Welcome to this forum! The dealer will charge you for a diagnostic (usually around $90-up), then will charge you for a new part (or parts), then for installation (labor around $75-up per hour). You will get it back 3 days later with a bill around $200-$300. Compare this to a yearly Elite membership of $20 for the upkeep of this site.

My air bag light flashes 2 then 7 times on my 02 Ranger. Is that code 27? What does that mean? I had the master and slave clutch cylinder and clutch replaced. I noticed the light as I left the repair shop.

Back