• Register Today It's free!

2000 Fog Lamp Dimensions

qcrun98

Reaction score
City, State
Moline, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Hello I recently purchased my 2nd Explorer a 2000 Explorer XLS and was wondering if anyone knows what the dimensions of the fog lights were so I could look at purchasing an aftermarket lamp? Also if anyone has any recomendations of a well known bright fog lamp that will fit in place of the stock ones it would be appreciated. Thank You.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

snag some oems from a yard, cant be that much. they are bright enough, i drive home regularly with just those not actually realizing i forgot to turn my headlights on.

Thanks for the tip but that is actually what I am trying to get away from. I would like some aftermarket lamps from like Hella, KC, or PIAA something like that.

wanna sell your old ones, if they're the factory original?

There's normally a retro-fit kit on ebay for under $200. FYI. Junk yard would be your best bet, and snag the pigtail from the frame to the light. There's a plug up on the frame rail that will easily release.

Please buy fog lights, the OEM lights are not, they are driving lights. Fog lights are short low beam patterned, driving lights are long up and out bright lights like headlights. That's why most vehicle's "fog" lights are obnoxious. Think of oncoming drivers please. Regards,

Back