2000 loose gray vacuum line under hood | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 loose gray vacuum line under hood

board350

Reaction score
City, State
Denton, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
OK, read through the sticky and did a search and can't find a good picture, the ones in here

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=192842

don't show up although they got close.

2000 explorer, 4.0 SOHC and the whole thing started with no a/c. Mouse chewed through wires on low pressure swith, easily fixed.

Short time later took to shop and came back and the vents were all screwy with air comming out of defrost in vent, a/c and max positions. Opened hood again and found the gray vacuum tube comming from firwall, immidiately next to black vacuum tube that goes to vacuum resiovior globe, to be disconnected.

I searched for 2 hrs. last night and could find no place to hook the stupid thing too. Any pictures of the passenger side engine bay would help. There is vacuum on it some times, I believe from what I read it is the line for the heater bypass valve. Help, thanks.

Adam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you a bunch, not sure why those pictures didn't show up before. So where exactly would the coolant bypass valve be on a truck with the 4.0L SOHC '00 model. I am gonna go searching Saturday in the light, it's probably right in front of my face.

Found the valve, forward passenger side of the engine about half way down from the top. Still getting slightly weak air blowing through the defrost so trying to track down the leak.

Back