2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC Vents stuck on. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC Vents stuck on.

Travis1992

Reaction score
City, State
Central Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi, I have a 2001 Explorer Sport 4.0 SOHC and my vents and floor vents are stuck on no matter what selection I put the switch too. I am trying to switch it to come out of the vents to blow on my face. I live in Florida so at this time of year it really matters. I just did a valve cover gasket change and also replaced the intake manifold gaskets too. I did not mark all the wires and hoses thinking that well they were all cut to length and it wouldn't be too hard to find them again. I had one loose small vacuum hose when I was done and couldn't find where it went for about a week. then I found that it went right under the alternator I thought it would fix my a/c problem I was having. it didn't. nothing changed. I can supply pictures of specific things apon request.

I have just found out that if I move the plug from under my alternator and ran it across to this hose which was previously attached to something else that I can now change my vents and my a/c works normal. however now I have open vacuum lines. Im still trying to fix this problem. if anyone can get me a diagram or picture of where all the vacuum lines, nipples, and hoses are a and where they connect too that would be awesome!
I0cs8R2l.jpg

Back