2001 ford explorer sports trac tranfer case motor issues | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 ford explorer sports trac tranfer case motor issues

harvick

Reaction score
City, State
alma michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford explorer trac
help!!!!!! I have a 2001 ford explorer sports trac and I replaced the transfer case motor, it only will shift into 4 high, I read online that I might have to rematch the pins on the new transfer case motor,it said to match to the old one, but gotta problem, had to turn the old one in for the core, does anyone know how I can match the pins up, and if theres a diagram that shows exactly where they go, I cant find anything even on youtube..... thanks a million.....

There is no 'shift' into 4 wheel high, it just locks the electromagnetic clutch. Did you try and manually shift it while the motor was off?

There is no 'shift' into 4 wheel high, it just locks the electromagnetic clutch. Did you try and manually shift it while the motor was off?
its has a switch to shift into 4x4 I tried to but doesn't work, really don't want to have to shut truck off to shift into 4x4 cause Michigan gets too cold lol

Like I said. It doesn't 'shift' into 4wd high. It's all electric. It locks the clutch up. The only shifting is from high to low. From 2wd/4Auto to 4wd high your shift motor does nothing.

Back