2001 Sport "Tadpole" | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Sport "Tadpole"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks fellas. I think it needs from shocks, but other than that it drives pretty good. I'll get it out in the mountains here soon and see how it does. I think the LS in the rear isnt working very well, but maybe it just needs a fluid change. I've said those words before though...😂

Took it on its first ride up to the mountains. The 33 stuffs up nice in the back. It drives well. The trans got to 200 on the trail, but cooled right off once back out. I might add a bigger cooler later on, or a second one. Down the highway it sat around 150.

20221109_150740.jpg 20221109_150752.jpg 20221109_164149.jpg

Also @Fix4Dirt is your guy when it comes to trans coolers
im not that good ;) b&mm plate (?) and fin iirc great coolers hayden version is good too but it actually seems to flow too fast to adequately cool. many have done dual cooler with factory or used f3(?)50 coolers iirc but i remember seeing those on v8s not v6s. E fans also help on the trail where its low speed

Thanks guys. I'm looking at fans too. Anyone have experience with a fan on while on the road? I noticed while going on a climb it would heat up to about 180. That's still better than before the bypass, but seems like the cooler may be undersized.

Back