• Register Today It's free!

2001 sport trac

billy2010

Reaction score
City, State
albuquerque,nm
Year, Model & Trim Level
browsing
my sport trac turns over and tries to start, but on the 3rd try sometimes the second it will start, ive replaced the fuel pump, new alternator, new battery, fuel filter, and happens even when its cooled down, i dont know what else to do.:(

you need several things to make an engine run. 1)Spark (pull a plug wire and see if its firing by putting a spare plug in the boot and grounding the tip), 2) fuel, was the filter dirty? You may need to have the injectors cleaned if they are plugged. Are you getting fuel? Are the plugs wet after cranking several times. Do you smell raw gas at the tail pipe? Is the fuel solenoid working? 3) Oxygen How's your air filter? Its pretty hard to get a filter so dirty that an engine can't crank, but I've seen them choke an engine down. 4) Proper timing for Spark, fuel, and compression. (consult a manual Haynes/Chilton etc.) if it has jumped time you can get the trying to start/ occasional pop etc.

Check engine light on? Had it scanned for codes? Does it idle like it should after it cranks? Check/remove & clean your IAC valve. Possible vacuum leak.

Back