2001 Sport Trac

SJEric

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and recently purchased a Ford Sport Trac and looking mods that I can do to this truck. Possibly a lift, bigger wheels, and maybe a light bar. Trying to find easy upgrades that I can work on over the summer break. What are your guys recommendation?

Thank you,
- Eric Tang

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome Eric! I did this over a summer break in college. The lift itself was really cheap. Look around at the lift options and a few of our registries (usually linked in everyone's signatures) for ideas.

39f1cacc.jpg

Hi 01STrunner, Thank you! I was wondering what kind of lift did you do for your truck?

That picture is a 2" torsion twist, 2" Warrior #153 lift shackles, and a 3" Performance Accessories body lift. Rolling on 17x8.5" wheels wrapped in 35x12.50 KM2s.

Now I've done a lot more to it to make it more capable.

That picture is a 2" torsion twist, 2" Warrior #153 lift shackles, and a 3" Performance Accessories body lift. Rolling on 17x8.5" wheels wrapped in 35x12.50 KM2s.

Now I've done a lot more to it to make it more capable.

What are your recommendations? Should I do some type of performance lift? What are your newest upgrades to your truck? I would rather do a one-time upgrade type deal.

My suggestion would be to do the 2" TT, Pro Comp Add a leaf for the rear instead of shackles for leaf spring longevity, and then do a 3" body lift. When you do the BL, go ahead and replace all the cab mount bushings with either a kit from Prothane or Daystar because those will help improve ride and the OEM mounts will crumble to pieces over time. Trust me you'll kick yourself if you don't do it at the same time.

Then tires and wheels are up to you, but that 5" lift setup will allow you to run up to 35s.

As for what I have now, click on my SAS registry to see it.

Thank you for the info 01STrunner! I will keep you updated when I begin to start this project. Another question is how well does it ride after a lift like this? I am thinking about driving this truck as a daily also. Does it effect the ride after the lift?

Thank you,
- Eric

Back