Steering Wheel 2002 on Sport Trac 2001 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steering Wheel 2002 on Sport Trac 2001

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Hi, I have a Sport Trac 2001 and I bought on ebay a Steering Wheel from 2002. Can me tell somebody what is the different from 2001 to 2002? Because I was thinking from 2001 - 2003 the Steering Wheel is the same. What I need to fix this problem?

Regards Manuel

Is the 2002 steering wheel from a Sport Trac or an Explorer? A 2002 Explorer steering wheel would be different, unless it came from a 2 door Sport. I have both a 2001 Sport Trac and a 2002 Sport Trac, and the only difference in the steering wheels that I'm aware of is the color. The '01 is gray and the '02 is black.

Is the 2002 steering wheel from a Sport Trac or an Explorer? A 2002 Explorer steering wheel would be different, unless it came from a 2 door Sport. I have both a 2001 Sport Trac and a 2002 Sport Trac, and the only difference in the steering wheels that I'm aware of is the color. The '01 is gray and the '02 is black.

I see it today the connectors are different, I think he was thinking Explorer Sport and Sport Trac is the same.

But maybe you can help me to found a right Steering Wheel in black. I need it not new but in good condition and when the Price is it ok I'm happy. For the wrong Steering Wheel I paid 80 dollars. The problem is I'm in the dominican republic, but maybe you know somebody the sale one, shop or privat. The transport is easy, I have somebody in New York the come next month.

Sorry, I don't have a source for the correct wheel.

Back