2002 4x4 problems | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 4x4 problems

Just to up-date these old posts from the December 2005 that were very helpful. I took my glove box out, but still could not find the 4x4 module. The only one I saw was the Multi Function GEM module being on the right side. Thanks to tbe2002 saying his was attached to the right side of the blower assembly. Looked again at mine, and it was on the left side of the blower assy. Probably most of these 4x4 modules have been changed by now. Mine just started at 124,185 miles a few days ago. Disconnected battery to do a right front wheel bearing/hub replacement. That's what the posts are saying here that the battery disconnects are related to the failure of the 4x4 module, although I have had my battery disconnected quite a few times in the past 13 or so years. I haven`t changed it yet, but will be soon.

2002 ford explorer

Need help I have a 2002 ford explorer I replaced the 4x4 module now it won't go into drive. Think the one I replaced it with ain't Compatible with the truck can you guys let me know what is Compatible to ford part # 1l24-7h473-ag

Back