• Register Today It's free!

2002 factory sub

Ronster

Reaction score
City, State
Willowbrook
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport
Didn't find anything using the search option but does anyone know what aftermarket sub can I buy to upgrade the factory one in my '02 Sport? I believe it's a 6.5" sub back there. Does JL make one?? I believe Kicker does.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont know who makes just that 6.5" sub but there are some 10" subs that fit in the same place. I have one for sale in the classified section.

I fit an 8" no problem, a 10" would have fit, but it involved cutting. Just depends on what you want to do.

Starting MY '98, Ford put the Mach 8" sub in there. JBL 6.5" sub was available from '91 to '97 MY Explorers.

I should have been more specific. What I have for the 10" is an all new box/amp etc that replaces the factory setup

sub

I have a 97 Eddie Bauer with the premium sound with the cd changer and rear sub...so what size and impedance is it ? I was planning on going into the side panel, catching the speaker wires to clip on a line level convertor, and upgrading the sub. The plan is to put a better sub in the stock location run off of the factory setup, but also hook an external amp up for a larger sub. That way, when I go on trips and need the space, I can remove my larger sub and still have one better than factory in the factory spot.

Back