2002 Ford Explorer - Rear A/C Issue - STUMPED!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Ford Explorer - Rear A/C Issue - STUMPED!!

Dewitt_88

Reaction score
City, State
Starke, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer XLT
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Limited. Auto digital dual climate control.

I got it at a good price with a few small issues, none mechanical thankfully.

Rear air does not work at all, I cant get the the blower to come on at all. Easy fix right must be a bad blower? HA I replaced it, I then thought maybe the blower motor resistor was bad so I tried jumping the resistor to just get the fan to come on. Still nothing....so I then checked the relay with a DMM and it tested good. I checked ALL the fuses in the interior fuse panel and all the mini fuses under the hood. Still not knowing what is what because I dont have a manual.

This leaves me with a few things im unsure of.

Does any of the maxi fuses under the hood control any of the rear air system? Can I pull them and test continuity? Is this the proper way to test them?

The control unit (overhead console rear air control), how can I test it, should it have power at the plug and if so what wires?

I need some input, I have searched and searched and searched. I hate to throw parts at it. I can find any power in the rear. I may not be checking the right places. I have a bad actuator, I can hear it clicking which means I have power somewhere back there.

Will a blower motor resistor cause my issues? I thought by grounding the orange and red wire the blower motor should have kicked on but nothing!!!

AHHHH!!!! Help!! Im in florida and summer is coming!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Edited for the sensitive people.

After that last comment no wonder why no one wants to help... im reluctant to suggest anything to you for being a d1ck...

Try hooking the blower motor directly up to the battery could be a bad motor. Did you hook up the old motor to a battery and see if it was even bad? Id check your wiring for shorts and see if if its grounding out somewhere. And id buy a manual and check the fuses under the hood.

All fuses checked, blower motor was test and was good but looked rough so I replaced it. All fuses tested ok.

Im being a d1ck? lmao

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I can get you some good info from my shop manuals when I get home tonight.

Check you PM. I have sent some good info!! ;):thumbsup:

Back