Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

I'm glad John is seeing this too, he's good to learn from.

I love the RTV, but it does hold strong in all conditions. I'll think hard on how to mount the plenums I have to make, so they don't really have to be forced apart with huge effort.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm glad John is seeing this too, he's good to learn from.
He has been pointing me in the right direction

He suggested a rpm window switch
So the spray can only come on after a set rpm
I'm finding them $60 and up

20210327_143951.jpg
20210327_144025-2.jpg
20210327_144013.jpg
20210327_145846.jpg
20210327_145830.jpg
20210327_145900.jpg

I tested the foam at 300f With a heat gun
just shrunk a bit its pipe insulation
The yellow led is the low meth light

meth run 11.PNG

Looks better more water??

This was not a full pull just a test

That's an engine bay ready for business, it's looking good. I love the aluminum tape, it's very good stuff. That makes me want to build an air cleaner finally, for a big filter I got years ago(but it looks too big).

Do you know the response time of the temp sensor? How quickly it adjusts to temperature changes? I wonder if the IAT is actually lower but the temp sensor doesn't have enough time to get an accurate reading. I would try more water. You might be better off with the cooling effect of more water than the octane boost from the alcohol.

Do you know the response time of the temp sensor? How quickly it adjusts to temperature changes? I wonder if the IAT is actually lower but the temp sensor doesn't have enough time to get an accurate reading. I would try more water. You might be better off with the cooling effect of more water than the octane boost from the alcohol.
That's the plan 70/30

Be careful changing W/M ratio, it changes the air fuel mixture.
If you add less methanol your mixture will go leaner and the PCM does not compensate at 70-100% throttle.
If you are still in the tuning process make sure you tell your tuner that you are changing the W/M ratio.
Let him know you are experimenting to get the IAT's as low as possible and see if he wants to tune the A/F now or later when you decide what W/M ratio you are sticking with.

Let him know you are experimenting to get the IAT's as low as possible and see if he wants to tune the A/F now or later when you decide what W/M ratio you are sticking with.
Will do
But he did say it was rich
And to get the iat down
Ill massage him

Your Project looks great!!!! Fantastic mechanics and obvious attention to detail.

(Message him).

i think we are there knock on wood
here is the e mail

10:01 AM (33 minutes ago)
to me
Hi, One run the temps were excellent and timing went right up. The other one, they were at 160 and the PCM did its job and pulled spark. I think it is heat soaked on the second run. I do not think adding for meth is the answer either. As it is pig rich now. We do not want to decrease fueling, as we already did, we like to keep it safe if the meth fails to save your motor. You should be good to go as long as you realize it does get heat soaked. And the PCM is doing what it is supposed to do and is pulling timing.

Don

Okay, you are getting it close.

The good part is if I can get a faster iat sensor
It will add timing on its own
But believe me its a lot faster than 5lb boost was

I do need to clean up the wiring solder things add connectors Like for the pump
And most likely add the rpm window switch to the meth system

Tune done
I got a bit of a yoyo idle when hot
I think I can do a idle adjustment
idle adjustment.PNG

Lasota sent my final tune
He was gonna just turn on the end user stuff
Like tire size ECT..
Got lean codes bank 1 and 2
I just reloaded the other one that we both were happy with without the end user stuff and no codes so far
Should I just be happy or email him
I don't want to bug him because we had like 25 tunes
Over 50 emails back and forth

Well he says it must be a mechanical problem but I'm sure its not

My truck is gonna be a brick
He is getting frustrated with me

I think you are fairly close with the combination. I know you want to keep a good working relationship with the tuner, you need him but you don't want to wear out your welcome with too many tiny issues.

How old are all of the common tune up parts, and when was the last period that the engine was running fully rich for a bit? Items like plugs don't always survive running rich, and O2's also can be degraded under some conditions like that. Just think through what ages your parts are, and whether anything might be questionable.

I just changed the spark plugs twice
Once when we first flooded it trying to get it started
And the fresh set when we started this whole thing
Plug wires are new to

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I changed the air filter ??

Back