2002 XLT, some related problems? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 XLT, some related problems?

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
I bought my 2002 and have not used it nearly as much as I had hoped, it only has 23K miles on it now.

I have been driving it more now and have noticed a couple of problems.

First, the cruise control system doesn't even come on anymore (I know it has to be over 30mph).

I have never brought it in for the cruise control recall, would that cause it to stop altogether? I checked the fuse diagram in the manual and can't find which of them are for the cruise control.

I also noticed that I have lost some brake fluid and the pedal is spongy. I have read that that may also be related to the cruise control?

Finally, mine came with a tow package. I went to use it for the first time and the trailer light outlet under the bumper is dead. Any thing to check before I have to take out the rear trim panel to access the fuses in that?

thanks,

Rob

The low brake fluid can result in the cruise not working.

The recall on the cruise is for installing a fuse to prevent a fire, not for the cruise not working.

Fuse info can be found in the owner's manual. If you don't have an owner's manual, Dead Link Removed.

Check out this thread for trailer wiring fuse locations: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=286969

Hope this helps out! :biggthump

Back