2003 ford explorer limited backup sensors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 ford explorer limited backup sensors

BlackOut33

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Ltd
Hey Everyone

Hows it going?

I have a question I have a 2003 Ford Explorer 4.6L V8

My back up sensors were working great last year and apparently this year they gave up when I put the SUV in reverse the Parking AID light comes on showing its OFF so I push the switch down to see if it will turn on but it doesn't but once in a while here & there when I back up I hear them beep here & there.

Any ideas how to fix this? I tried cleaning the back up sensors but nothing helps

Thanks I would appreciate it

I rather ask in here before taking it to the dealer & get RIPPED off like they always love to do Thanks!

I had the exact same issue. I bought a used set for $60 and just changed all 4 of them out since I had no way of determining which one was bad. I kept the original 4 in case I needed one of them one day. I got them by going to www.car-part.com and searching for the rear-bumper assembly. If you go the page with the lowest price, there are some junkyards that have just the 4 sensors for sale. Don't search by state, just leave it to search the entire USA because most junkyards will ship to you. I had them shipped to me from Washington. Hope this helps you out.

- Mario

Thank you very much brother I will check it out

Back