Help finding Yaw Sensor 2003 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help finding Yaw Sensor 2003 Ford Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Dayton Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer
Hello, I have a 2003 Ford Explorer Centennial Edition 4.6L and I cannot find anywhere to get the yaw rate sensor to replace. It is located under back seat and I think it is part number 3L2Z-3C296-AA but not sure. My mechanic is having trouble finding one anywhere including junk yards. I have searched car parts on internet and no one carries this item. Tried Ebay but cannot find either. Does anyone know how to source this part, new, used, refurbished?? Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I moved your thread to the Stock 2002-2005 subforum. Hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

Hello, I have a 2003 Ford Explorer Centennial Edition 4.6L and I cannot find anywhere to get the yaw rate sensor to replace. It is located under back seat and I think it is part number 3L2Z-3C296-AA but not sure. My mechanic is having trouble finding one anywhere including junk yards. I have searched car parts on internet and no one carries this item. Tried Ebay but cannot find either. Does anyone know how to source this part, new, used, refurbished?? Thank you
welcome to EF!!!!!!

Back again, part number under 2nd row middle seat carpet from my truck is 3L24-3C296-CA. Went to junk yard and found 2003 Eddie Bauer that seemed to be equipped the same as mine. Pulled out the seat, pulled up the carpet, nothing like this existed to my dismay. Cannot understand why the junkyard car does not have a location for this, nor the part. Cannot find ANYTHING on this part number on internet. My mechanic says maybe 2003 Ford Explorers made in Canada have it under the console. My car is made in USA, but did not think to check the door jamb on the one at the junkyard. Frustrating not to be able to find a part or a refurbished/alternative part!!!!! Anyone have any ideas?

Here's a -BA version. Now I see your actual part # and the 4 versus Z are different too.

Thank you. I appreciate that. I have no idea if that part would work in lieu of the OEM part. I will ask around and try to figure that out if I cannot find the OEM part somewhere soon.

This part isnt a common part at all to be replaced without any evidence of mechanical damage or badly corroded inner sensor components.thats why you cant find one.this part is extremely reliable,and the junkyards never removing em for internet sales.

Ask your mechanic to see the inner sensor components,with no signs of damage no way for this parts to became bad.might be wrong diagnosis.

Try pinpoint tests for the whole ABS to YAW sensor connectors and wires prior to sensor replace. sensor connector pins to be perfectly cleaned .then try to lecalibrate with IDS or Forscan,at perfectly flat surface,wheels on the ground.

With the calibration completed, see YAW sensor PIDs for good specs.

The YAW sensor/RSC/ABS error codes mistakely might be understood as a bad sensor.

Excellent information. Much appreciated. I will pass along to him.

Back