2003 Ford Factory remote start.

beingsneaky

Reaction score
City, State
Lillooet, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
ok 2003 Explorer XLT
I have googled an googled and no help. so dont blast me an say search...

Remote start Says Ford Remote start system on it.
Eng P/N 2w7j-19g36-aa H63DB
on the inside cover it says Bronze.
REMOTE 2 button Fob.. Code System INC. FCC ID:GOH-FRDPC2002

Tried putting key in turn to run for 2 sec remove
put other key do the same thing remove key
press start button on borth remote start fob.

What is frustrating is once in a while it will start the vehicle.
it started it a couple of times but then dies a few seconds later.

is there a trick?? lol i press release and lights flash beep once and nothing.
I press an hold button it beeps once... then beeps twice..
the hold button seems to be the one to start it but..... no go.
When i bought the vehicle, no manual in it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When i bought the vehicle said:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Use the forum search bar to look for a download for the Explorer owners manual. Some of the members in here have posted up links to download the owners manuals. I've seen them before. If no luck, post a message to "BigRondo". I'm almost positive he has a link he can give you to download the owners manual.

don't think that will be in the owners manual since it is not a factory system it's most likely a codealarm system installed by the dealer (or a shop hired by the deler) so look for codealarm manuals might be easier to find. good luck.

I installed a CodeAlarm system in my 03. It's what the dealers install. Get the numbers of the unit and call CodeAlarm. They were really helpful when I did mine.

Does it only stay on for a few seconds or like a minute? I can set mine to run for 1,3,5,10 and 15 min before it shuts off... You might want to check the batteries in your key fobs too...

If you don't have an owner's manual, Dead Link Removed.

OK after searching online, going to a dealer whom was no help. the problem was the mercury switch on the Hood, just bent it a little bit, i had noticed it only started when the SUV was parked on a slight incline engine facing down hill.

OK after searching online, going to a dealer whom was no help. the problem was the mercury switch on the Hood, just bent it a little bit, i had noticed it only started when the SUV was parked on a slight incline engine facing down hill.

That is so it can't be started when the hood is open. It sounds like a pain in the ass. I bypassed mine. You might want to look into doing the same to yours.

Did unrest the lock button on the keyfob while the vehicle was running at some point? If so then its in a "service" mode which is why it only beeps twice when u hit the "start" option on the keyfob. Try putting the key back into the ignition, then start the vehicle, then hit the "unlock" button on the keyfob, this will put it back into the normal remote start mode. I've done this myself on accident and found out the hard way. Lol

Back