• Register Today It's free!

2003 high/ low beam mod

94XMike

Reaction score
City, State
St. Charles,Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Eddie Bauer
does anyone know if it's at all possible to wire the high and low beams to come on together (when i turn my brites on)? I would assume it would involve a relaybut i'm unsure of how to wire it in an 2003 Ex... if anyone knows that would help alot ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure, you'd have to look at the wiring schematic to figure it out, But what i wanted to say was if you do that, count on swapping out bulbs much more frequently. When you run both fillaments at the same time, the bulbs deteriorate very quickly, and they will fail.

I could also overheat the wiring, headlamp housing, etc. There's a reason
Ford doesn't set it up to run both, so I wouldn't bypass it if you like your truck.

I thought it worked like that...When I turn my highs on, my lows stay on with the highs.

I agree with White97Jimmy, on a 3rd Gen you have seperate bulbs and reflectors for high and low, and the lows already do stay on when the highs come on.

JasonF said:
I agree with White97Jimmy, on a 3rd Gen you have seperate bulbs and reflectors for high and low, and the lows already do stay on when the highs come on.
Ok..but now I'm confussed... :confused: Mike said he wanted to do this in a 2003 (3rd gen)... So are his lights already working like this or am I missing something?

BTW I would agree that many dual light system aren't designed to run both @ the same time.. The heat output could cause all kinds problems... I know the plastic bulb connectors on my '93 are brittle from heat (and age)...

yeah, checked tonite. When the high beams are turned on, the low beam indeed stays on, pretty cool. However the Fogs do turn off with the high beams are on, which I believe is state law in some states.

yeah it is and your fogs would not improve visablity that much with the highs and the lows but if you want thdm to be on at the same time..the one way i know how to do is to run new wires to a switch for them or maby send a wire that gives the fogs power from the high beams.

Back