2003 Sport Trac 4.0. Is the engine in a 2003 ford explorer 4x4 the same as in the sport trac 4x4 and do you replace all 4 timing chains the same | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Sport Trac 4.0. Is the engine in a 2003 ford explorer 4x4 the same as in the sport trac 4x4 and do you replace all 4 timing chains the same

Gmaof5boys

Reaction score
City, State
Mounds
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer sport
ok, I have a 2003 ford sport trac and we are replacing the timing chains and gaskets and such, what I need to know is if the 4.0 engine for the ford explorer 4x4 in the books is the same as the 4.0 engine in the Sport Trac 4x4 as far as the 4 timing chains

yep theyre all the same as far as timing chains are! if you have a 2wd, theres no balance shaft howver, unlike with 4x4 models. iirc the only changes across the sohc years was just the intake and "dressing"

yep theyre all the same as far as timing chains are! if you have a 2wd, theres no balance shaft howver, unlike with 4x4 models. iirc the only changes across the sohc years was just the intake and "dressing"
thank you so much, now I know my brain works better than my son at simplyfing things. LoL

thank you so much, now I know my brain works better than my son at simplyfing things. LoL
;) we young people overcompkicate simple solutions

Back