2003 Wheels on a 1995 Eddie Bauer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Wheels on a 1995 Eddie Bauer?

Hi All -

Just looking for some advice. I have a 1995 Eddie Bauer 4X4 and the wheels are stock (16x7). They are beginning to show wear and rust (I live in upstate NY, so the winters have finally gotten to them). I currently have Michelin LTX P255/70R16 tires on the vehicle.

I have a line on a set of 16" OEM wheels that came off of a 2003 Explorer Sport Trac. The bolt pattern is the same (5x4.5), but I don't know if there is a different offset between my stock wheels and the Sport Trac wheels. I am not a mechanic, and would like to be able to just swap out the wheels without having to make any modifications. Anyone got any advice on this? Can I make a straight swap with these wheels? Thanks in advance for your help.

jp1450

Yes you can, they are the same. I didnt know the 95's had 16x7. I thought they only came with 15x7's. You dont live to far from where I used to live, I was in Lake Placid.

Yea, the Eddie Bauer had 16 inch wheels. All other models came with stock 15 inch. If you are from Lake Placid, then you know the winters. I have gone ten years and 125000 miles with the original wheels. Time for a change. Thanks for the help!

jp1450

Back