2004 Explorer XLT quarter window replacement | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer XLT quarter window replacement

fatboymedic

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
Hi all... my daughter threw a softball through my driver side quarter window... i bought a replacement off eBay, i've done a fair amount of repairs on cars, but this has me puzzled... the replacement has NO BOLTS, just the remnants of some kind of sealant.. everything ive found on the net says theres bolts.... i have NOT removed whats left of the broken window yet as i was waiting for the replacement... do I need some kind of seal/adhesive kit? I do have a box of "dumb dumb" that i grabbed when i passed a napa... any help is appreciated.... ps- sorry, i posted in wrong forum :( i reposted in correct one

I've replaced mine once yes it just fits in place. Had mine broken out by a thief who stole my stereo. If I remember you got the roll the window next to it all the way down. Take the inside door panel off. Remove the rubber molding on top.There is screw holding the vertical frame down. once you got that frame loose you can fit the glass in.

Back