2004 X Ford Explorer Sport Trac started dying suddenly and then no ignition response | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 X Ford Explorer Sport Trac started dying suddenly and then no ignition response

Mike25

Reaction score
City, State
Rossville, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford explorer
2004 Ford Explorer Trac started to die suddenly in Road and then started back next day had no ignition response I checked the usual suspects and did notice that had a wire almost broke off of starter fixed and still had no response with ignition I've been reading manual that there is a reset button for the fuel pump underneath the passenger side Dash I reset and started immediately if it continues to die should I start with trash in tank fuel pump where to go next I don't know

It sometimes doesn't take much to trip the fuel pump shut-off. We've had a couple of cars trip it just bottoming out and hitting the bumper going in or out of a driveway.

Starter will still crank with a faulty inertia switch or connector. Sounds like an ignition switch. Long shot, but IF you have a tilt column, cycle
it all the way up and down a few times leaving it all the in the UP position. Have read the wiring column connector issues are not only multi function switch (MFS) related. Unless the battery was disconnected, I'd start by scanning for stored trouble codes, check engine light or not.

Back